Saturday, March 8, 2014

Reflection on Week 9



I must say that Week 9 is the climax of our course; the most crucial week it has been! However, I'm glad that I've reached this far, learning more and more as weeks passed by. It is really unbelievable though that we are in the ninth week, almost nearing the end of our course.



This week's discussion has definitely grabbed my attention. We have students who are capable in many different ways.They vary in their learning styles too. As teachers,we could help them to learn in their own styles. At times, we can notice that there are some students who will lose interest in class. This might be because they need a different style of learning. All these while, I had only learned on designing various activities for learners' of multiple intelligence. But, I gave little attention on incorporating technology with the activities. Thanks to Eduscapes for listing out technology tools that support classroom activities. Some of the tools are not new to me, but I had never thought that they would actually be suitable for certain types of intelligence.

I also found this while searching for some images to add in my blog. They have listed several apps for different types of intelligence. I found it interesting, hence I decided to share it here.:)


Yes, you read it right. Project done! I felt so relieved when I submitted the report. I believe I've done my best for it. Due to time constraint, I managed to carry the activity only once with my students. However, I did notice the difference and I believe that if I continue using WebQuest, it will yield a desireable result for my students. I wish that my students will obtain good grades for their writing paper in their trial and public examination. 


In preparing the report, I learned that technology should not be misused. We do not incorporate technology just because it is fun or cool, as how Sean emphasizes all the time. The tools must be able to solve the problem in teaching and learning process. There are so many things for us to look into before deciding on using the tools. As an example, I considered using Schoology and Blog at first. But, the need to use WebQuest was more important than the other two tools. Introducing new tools to students can be challenging for us. However, if we try without giving up, it can be a success. In that case, teachers have to be an expert in using the tools before introducing them to students. I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Baetty for giving me such a great feedback. I must say that her feedback was very useful for me. She pointed out my mistakes and I managed to produce my best with the help of her feedback. Thank you once again Baetty! I hope my feedback helped you too.

I wish all the best to my fellow colleagues. Most importantly, we have gained priceless knowledge and experience through this project.  I would also like to thank Sean for being so helpful. Thank you Sean.I am excitedly waiting for our final week.


4 comments:

  1. Dear Annusha,

    I would congratulate you for the hard work you did and I really appreciate your help and support.

    I say again I like much the design of your blog and the flying hearts make me always smile after a very tiring week.

    All the best

    Ouarda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ouarda,

    I hope my feedback helped you to improve your report. All the best to you too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Annusha,

    I am really happy to know that you have already watched the movie Taare Zameen Par.

    Yes we have not only completed the project but also we have learned so many things from the project and most important is that we should not use technology because it's fun or cool but it should address the need of the students.

    Thanking you
    Kamlesh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kamlesh,

    I love to watch Hindi movie. :) I hope that we will keep using these helpful tools in future.

    Annusha

    ReplyDelete